Ag Exemptions on Property Taxes

If you live in Texas and have between 5 and 20 acres, you could be eligible to qualify for an ag valuation for your property for having honeybees. For an annual fee, we will place hives on your property, maintain and manage the colonies, and enable you to apply for the ag exemption.

Our service areas:

  • Bastrop County

  • Travis County

  • Williamson County

  • Caldwell County

Please note that in most counties you will need to have a minimum of 6 acres if there is a home on the property, and you also need to have agricultural activities occurring on your land for a minimum of 5 years before you can qualify for the ag valuation. We strongly recommend that you call your county tax office to ensure that your property will qualify for this valuation with bees.

Benefits include:

  • Professional management and maintenance of beehives on your property

  • Documentation and record keeping for you to submit to your county’s appraisal district

  • Registration through the Texas Apiary Inspection Service (TAIS)

  • Pollination for your property

  • One in-hive demonstration for you and up to 4 guests

  • Contributing to the welfare of the honeybees

Qualifying requirements include:

  • The site must be suitable for bees and provide the necessary elements for bees to thrive. A complimentary site visit will be scheduled for all prospective clients.

  • Texas Beeworks, LLC must have unrestricted access to the location of the hives at all times.

  • A vehicle must be able to access the area where the hives are located and park no further than 20 yards from the hives’ location.

  • Please note that we are no longer accepting clients whose property already has the ag valuation at this time. This is due to the fact that those property owners need to have the full agricultural intensity (hive count) and it’s too late in the beekeeping season to start a large number of of hives in a new area.

Texas Beeworks, LLC retains the rights of ownership to the bees, the equipment, and the products of the hives.

Helpful resources:

Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for the Ag Exemption

Colony Requirements per County

If you would like to learn more about getting hives placed on your property for the purpose of applying for an ag exemption, contact Texas Beeworks using the form below. 

Name *
Where is your property located? Please list the address and/or county.
How many acres is your property?
Is your property currently ag exempt? Please note that we are no longer accepting clients whose property is already ag exempt at this time.