Agricultural Exemptions on Property Taxes
If you live in Texas and have between 5 and 20 acres, you could be eligible to qualify for an ag exemption on your property taxes for having honeybees. For an annual fee, we will place hives on your property, maintain and manage the colonies, and enable you to apply for the ag exemption.
Please note that in most counties you will need to have a minimum of 6 beehives on your property and you also need to have agricultural activities occurring on your land for a minimum of 5 years before you can qualify for the exemption.
- Professional management of beehives on your property
- Pollination for your garden
- Honey from your own backyard
- One in-hive demonstration per year for you and up to 4 guests
- Contributing to the welfare of the honeybees
*Texas Beeworks maintains the rights of ownership for the hives, bees, hive equipment, and products of the hives.*
If you would like to learn more about getting hives placed on your property for the purpose of an ag exemption, contact us Texas Beeworks today!